The Windows Mobile Device Center enables you to set up new partnerships, synchronize content and manage music, pictures and video with Windows Mobile powered devices (Windows Mobile 2003 or later).
The Windows Mobile Device Center combines an efficient business-data synchronization platform with a compelling user experience. The Windows Mobile Device Center helps you to quickly set up new partnerships, synchronize business-critical information such as e-mail, contacts and calendar appointments, easily manage your synchronization settings, and transfer business documents between your device and PC.
This new version of the Windows Mobile Device Center contains key improvements and new features to support Windows Mobile 6 devices. The Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 is only supported on Windows Vista.
Key updates in Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 include:
* Windows Mobile 6 feature support
o Information Rights Management activation - Automatically configure the Windows Mobile 6 device to open IRM-protected documents and files
o HTML mail � Set up your Windows Mobile 6 device to sync HTML-formatted mail
o Certificate Enrollment - Acquire certificates through the PC the Windows Mobile 6 device is currently connected to
o Allow data connections on the Windows Mobile 6 device when connected to the PC
o File synchronization for smartphones � Synchronize files with your Windows Mobile 6 devices, including both touch screen and non-touch screen devices
* Automatic device authentication - Connect the Windows Mobile device to the PC without the need to enter the device-lock PIN every time upon connect
* Product Registration - Register your Windows Mobile device and get connected to information and offers available for your device
Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 is fully compatible with Windows Mobile 2003 devices and later.
To install the Windows Mobile Device Center on Windows Vista:
* Read the system requirements listed below.
* Connect your device to your PC.
* Download the Windows Mobile Device Center Installer to your PC by clicking on the download link.
* Select "Run this program from its current location" and click OK.
* Follow the instructions on the screen.